Sunday, July 25, 2010

Meeting Goals

"I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday." -- Author unknown

I can so relate to this quote! And it is so true. . . there's always some new goal, some new place -- but whatever the goal is we're closer today than yesterday. Today I am 25 lbs. lighter than I was in mid-April!!!!!! Yes, 25 lbs. I even got on the scales twice this morning because I didn't believe it -- down 2 from yesterday! Both times it said 211 -- now it may say 212 or 213 tomorrow morning, but that's okay because I know I am well on my way! It makes it all worth while when you are seeing results. My goal is 200 by the time school starts in mid-August. It is almost doable. . .no point in having a goal if it's not a lofty one. We'll see how it goes. But for today I am happy with my progress.

Today's recipe is for an awesome veggie stir-fry. And, like many of my recipes, it's not really a recipe -- more of a method, really. You can add ingredients, alter ingredients, add meat, etc.

Veggie Stir-Fry


In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 -2 T olive oil. When it is heated, drop in 2-3 cloves of pressed or finely chopped garlic. Let it saute just for a minute or so -- if it browns, it tastes a bit bitter. Add a plethora of chopped veggies (see suggestions below). Add a liberal sprinkling of ground ginger (or about 1 inch grated fresh ginger), and a tablespoon or 2 of sesame seeds. When veggies are crisp-tender, add a tablespoon or two of soy sauce. If you like a little heat, you can also add a nice sprinkling of crushed red pepper flakes. Fresh, delightful veggies with a little spice! Great alongside grilled steak, pork or chicken or by itself for a meat-free meal.

Great stir-fry veggies:
shredded cabbage
yellow squash
zucchini
cauliflower
broccoli
carrots
celery
onion
mushrooms
green or red bell pepper
snow peas
water chestnuts

Meats to add in:
sliced beef
shrimp
boneless chicken

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment