Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Perseverance

Shane and I stopped off today after running errands at a local state park for a walk. As we were there, we were talking about a lot of things. One of those was perseverance. I never would have thought I could have done this whole new life plan. I didn't give myself credit enough -- with God's help and the support and encouragement from my husband and other friends and family -- I am persevering. It's really about making a decision and sticking to it.

Check out this quote from N.G.
" Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did."

I love that! That is the place you get to. Especially when you are not seeing the results you want to see. These pounds are still playing tricks on me, but I will persevere. I refuse to give up. I feel better; I look better; I have more energy. . . I would be silly to give up now!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if I'll achieve all my goals, lose all the pounds I want to lose, be the size I want to be. . . but I know I'm not going to give up until I feel like I'm victorious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today's recipe is super-simple! But it is one of my favorite breakfast staples.

Blueberry Parfait

Measure 1/2 cup fresh (or frozen) blueberries
1/2 cup organic plain yogurt
1 1/2 teaspoons of honey

Find a pretty glass (preferably clear). Drop a few blueberries in the bottom. Layer a spoonful of yogurt. Add more blueberries, a drizzle of honey, more yogurt, more blueberries, drizzle honey.

Super-simple; super-delicious; super healthy!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment