Sunday, July 17, 2011

Old videos and popcorn

We're here in Durham with my sister and her family. We watched the babies so they could have a date night. When they came home and got the babies to bed, they surprised us with our wedding video moved to digital format. We had not watched it in years, and it was fun -- not necessarily listening to the really crazy Southern accent I had 22 years ago, nor the dramatic tendencies that made my wedding vows sound like Dorothy's monologue from the Wizard of Oz . . . but fun. Sad, in places, too, to see people alive, talking and moving that are no longer with us, and people who have been through very difficult changes over the last 22 years. Sad, to see people we've lost touch with . . .but overall a really pleasant, fun experience. (It really helps to be able to laugh at yourself! :~)

After the video debut, we enjoyed some air popped popcorn. I've lately been making a spice mix that I really enjoy. I spritz my air-popped popcorn with my own olive oil spritzer (available at Pampered Chef or other kitchen specialty shops). Then I mix cayenne pepper (just a little), cinnamon (a good amount), coarse ground black pepper (or finely ground if you prefer), and salt to taste (or leave out). Spritz a little, sprinkle a little, turn with your hands, and then repeat until popcorn is coated with spice mixture to your taste. I find it very yummy and flavorful without adding tons of fat and salt. You could certainly try other combos as well. I can't wait to try some others. I'm envisioning cocoa powder in my next concoction :~) Popcorn is not a bad snack done this way! So indulge and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment