Sunday, July 17, 2011

22 Years and Counting. . .

This weekend, Shane I celebrated 22 years with a lovely grill-out and canoe ride on the Lumber River. The weather was gorgeous for mid-summer, and it was a lovely way to spend our anniversary. . . .22 years of changes. This healthy living change has been one of the best we've made -- and one we've made together!

Right now, I'm fluctuating between 174 and 177 -- 59 - 62 lbs total lost. I had hoped to see more movement this summer, but am finding it hard to fit in actual workouts. I am much more physically active -- bicycling, walking, canoeing, etc., but aside from my Tuesday night workout with the girls, not really fitting in the actual intentive, intensive workouts that I need to be doing. . . .I still have too far to go to stop now, and my team is counting on me at Bod4God, too! I have got to get myself together!

We have been eating very well, though, most days -- grilled out 2 meals this weekend, which is always fun -- and fresh! I also made a roasted veggie salad for lunch one day that was really delightful! I had some cabbage in the fridge, some noodle beans I needed to use, a relatively large zucchini, and some fresh new potatoes. I roasted each veggie on its own pan (although you could probably do it all on one if you wanted. . .) I just drizzled each with EVOO and salt and pepper. When they were well-roasted and tender, I combined all the veggies in a large bowl, with another good drizzle of EVOO and a few dashes of balsamic vinegar. I added a fresh bell pepper and jalapeno, chopped. It was really awesome -- a great meatless lunch. You could leave out or switch out veggies and it would be equally marvelous -- try it! You might just like it! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment