Friday, October 1, 2010

25 Years Later. . . .

It's not who you are that holds you back, it’s who you think you’re not. -Anonymous

Boy, can I relate to that, and, as I'm heading into a weekend full of activities with high school classmates, it's a good reminder, perhaps. It's always been a bit of a struggle for me -- wanting to be different, yet wanting to fit in. It is sometimes hard to strike a balance between the two. Yet, I know myself better than ever -- this, 25 years after high school. . . still, I feel the butterflies. But God, in his great wisdom, has given us all we need to succeed! Only WE can truly mess up His plan.

I want to "Be all I can be" without joining the army. I want to push myself harder and challenge myself more. I want to be the best me I can be. I know that doesn't mean I'm going to look like my classmates, but it means I can be the best-looking me I can be!!!!!!!!

I'm going to say a couple of prayers tonight before the ballgame that I can accept myself and value being the best me I am today. Not just in looks, but in every way.

The "I Am nots" would be a long list. However, the I AMs will win every time!!!!!!!!

A recipe:

Yogurt and Corn Muffins (modified from a recipe from BEMC)

1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup gluten free flour blend
1-2 T honey
1 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cup plain yogurt
1 1/2 t vanilla extract
1/4 cup olive oil

Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease or line 12 2inch muffin tins. In a medium bowl, whisk together corn meal, flour blend, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl whisk together eggs, yogurt, oil, vanilla and honey. Add yogurt mixture to flour mixture and stir the batter until combined. Divide the batter among the muffin tins and bake for 20 min. or until cooked in the middle. Let muffins cool completely.

These are really good -- nice vanilla flavor -- a little more honey and they're almost dessert-y. Nice also with chili or toasted for breakfast with a little fruit spread

No comments:

Post a Comment