Sunday, July 14, 2013

One Down

Ok, so today, finally down one lb...I surely am hoping I can keep it off. I think every time you gain it back, it sticks harder...the message in that is...don't gain it back! Hopefully I'll take that advice if I can get rid of it this time. Zumba workout tomorrow at Barefoot Church. I had a couple of new ladies join me last Thursday! It is so much more encouraging when you can hang with a group! We laugh...at each other sometimes, but usually with each other... Sometimes at ourselves! Gangs can be a bad thing, but they can be a good thing to, when we motivate each other for good! I am ready for some Faith and Fitness at Five! I need to find some fun physical activities for the other days now. How about you? How are you doing with your fitness goals? I'm on my way...slow and steady wins the race! Today, I'll share a new recipe my husband and I created together. My idea, but he actually put it together, and it was quite delicious... Breakfast stuffed Poblanos 2 poblano peppers, halved and seeded 1 lb. of your favorite loose sausage 1/2 onion, chopped 1-2 garlic cloves, chopped 4 eggs 1cup (or more if you prefer it really cheesy) shredded cheese (we used Mexican blend, but you can sub your face) Sauté sausage. Drain and set aside. In sausage pan, sauté onion and garlic. Add eggs. Cook until almost set. Add sausage back to pan. Add cheese. Spoon mixture into each half of a poblano pepper. Sprinkle with additional cheese, if desired. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes, or until desired level of doneness. We served ours with buttery grits, but you can serve them alone if you are watching carbs. Or have some yogurt and fruit parfait on the side. Some watermelon chunks are a nice balance to the heat point as well. I hope you enjoy them. We sure did!

No comments:

Post a Comment